Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I'm a terrible blogger. But I DO write.

I am AWFUL about updating my blog, and I promise I will try to make it up to you all. It's been a busy six months since I last updated. My little lady turned one year old, we bought our first home, I started a new day job as a laboratory supervisor, oh... and I've nearly finished the book!!!

I'm happy to report that I've set a deadline finally for finishing the first draft of this manuscript! Actually, the deadline is exactly one year after my first blog post on here, April 22nd, 2015. I find that if I don't set deadlines for myself, the stuff just doesn't get done. Period. Life happens, it gets in the way and ruins all plans that involve novel writing. I'm actually taking a bit of time off of work to really give myself the time I need to really push through to the end.

After that it's all about editing, which I'm hoping to have done by July. Then it's on to submitting to literary agents. 

Which brings me to my sadness for today. Today is #PitMad day on Twitter and as much as I would fear for my pride while ADORE pitching to all the agents scouring twitter for the next big deal, I shan't. There is no way my manuscript is polished enough to show to anyone, let alone people who hold the keys to the future of this book. So I will sit here reading all of the awesome -and a few odd ball- pitches for a while longer and then it is back to work. Edit edit and edit some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment