Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Welcome. Why don't you take a seat?

Let's all take a moment to say hello... And by "all" I mean me, because let's be honest, I'm the only one reading this. It's 6am and I just started a blog because I couldn't sleep. Dream big everyone. *cough* me *cough*
Honestly I'm doing this because I need somewhere to pour out a daily ramble without irritating my Facebook friends or being scrutinized by my Twitter followers.
Okay I'm also doing this because I want to talk about my book. The damn book that's been idling in my mind for over a year. The book I've finally started writing after all this time. The book no one really knows about. Sometimes I mention it in passing to my husband but he pretends like he doesn't hear me. I don't think he finds writing to be a suitable hobby. This is probably why he insists I go disc golfing with him every weekend. Which I don't.
I'm okay with no one really knowing that I want to be a published author. I've been writing poetry and short stories since before I knew that a haiku wasn't a weird sneeze, but I've never been published. I've also never tried to be published. Honestly, I stash away my writing like one of those hoarders with the really scary houses full of old newspapers that they have no use for but won't get rid of. I have a sincere fear of failure and frankly, if I fail miserably, I'd prefer not to have to face my family after. This way is a win win.
I took on this novel thinking I'd finish it in a few months, easy.  Wrong. Life threw me a few curveballs I wasn't prepared for. Someday I'll tell you the story of when my cat nearly killed me and how that got me pregnant... Yeah, I know how that sounds, it's actually a really fun story. I digress. I had a baby last year. My first baby. I love being a mom but having a little one who wants to be held 24/7  has severely limited the amount of time I have to work on the novel. BUT! Recently I cut my hours at work to 8 hours a week to focus on my little one and school (ugh, school, that is a whole different post) so I have a lot more free time.
Anyway, the baby is waking up so I'm going to hurry the rest of this along.
I like goals. They hold me accountable for myself. So here is my goal for this blog:
I will update this blog everyday on the status of The Book, as it shall be called from here on out.
I must run. My little love calls for me. Ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment